Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 32 - I think? What was that?

Whew...

Who knew PCP and flu weren't on the same menu? Yeah, they don't go together very well, except maybe the good diet has helped me recover quickly. A trip to the Dr. for anti-virals and it seems like it is sorting itself out. I have been fever free for nearly 48 hours. FTW! Body is still a bit beat up and not feeling normal. A bit weak, hmpphh. Who am I kidding? A new born kitten could take me in a boxing match right now. But I totally can't wait to get back to working out. I see some of the progress in tone and momentum being lost and looking forward to re-establishing the routine. I have kept to a slim version of the diet, so that has kept me happy.

Tonight won't be a full workout, or even strenuous, since I am in this for the long haul. Right now, I am mainly focused on feeding my body clean nutrients and resting, so I can come back strong. I have pull-ups in my future!

Thanks for the well wishes during recuperation!

4 comments:

  1. The muscle will come back quickly. Regaining tone is easy. Did you have swine flu!? I hope so, that'd be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonti. My name is Sean Anderson. I'm a former PCPer, and I wanted to do this sooner, but I just wanted to wish you luck on your program. You're going to find, even with it's tough days, joining the PCp is one of the best decisions you ever made in your life.

    Sorry about the whole Flu thing. Flu sucks. I'm glad you're back on track. And, Patrick is right, the muscle will return quickly once you get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back, Jonti! Sounds like you're doing right by your body by taking it easy. You'll be back in top PCP form before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Jonti! Good to hear that you're being sensible about working into the routine. Treat that flu-ravaged body right (rest!!), and it will reward you.

    We're only a third in, plenty of time for you to tear it up!

    ReplyDelete