Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 2: Missed my morning half snack and legs

It's not that I am boring or regimented. But, okay... I could tend that way. Just because I take a morning break everyday and typically have a banana. At around 10:30 AM. Because my tummy tells me so! Nah, I am not regimented (shyly hides behind hand and peaks out). Today provided back to back meetings where I needed to be focused and out of the office. 10:30 came and went and no half a banana, after half of my breakfast. I missed it, but you know? I think it was psychological more than anything. By the time I finally got to my banana in the safety of my car, half was just fine. Whew. No worries. Besides, I think I am totally enjoying my bananas even more knowing they are a luxury of calories and sugar I won't be able to afford later.

Day two exercises

Included some nifty lunges. Made it just fine and with good form and knees felt great, but the last set started tickling me a bit. Yeah, tickling!? Causing internal laughing. As in, "giggle", your going to totally feel that walking down the stairs in the morning. My thighs will be a little weak and jelly like. I will smile.

Still laughing, but most important, it feels really good to focus on a muscle group and feel it move and stretch. I find when I concentrate specifically on the exercise and muscles involved, I enjoy the workout so much more. I love the feeling of muscles moving and being torn down a bit to build them back up again. Awesome!

3 comments:

  1. You will say goodbye to many foods in the next few weeks but bananas won't be one of them. Good work with the lunges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm is inspiring! I wasn't really up for PCP until I read your blog - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the PCP community, Jonti! Keep up the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete