Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Reving Up - Day 1

New blog, new program, building a strong foundation of health and diet to be in my peak physical and mental condition. I am ready for The Peak Condition Project.

I don't look at this as a beginning really, but rather a continuation of an ongoing journey. I have steadily increased my awareness and practice of healthier living as I continue to grow. I was raised by parents who started their family very late in their life and I watched them age not as gracefully as they would have hoped. Seeing that firsthand made the impression early on that what I do now has a direct impact on my ability to fully enjoy life later.

As I continue to learn more about my own fitness levels, nutrition, and abilities, I see each lesson take me closer to being my best. I still feel there is much to learn and accomplish. I am ready to see what determinedly pushing myself to meet exacting goals can do for me in a short period of time.

90 days. Another step in the continuous journey to my best self. Another step in enjoying life both now and for my future. I am so looking forward to this project.

Day 1 Review: The workout and diet today were manageable. A few muscle groups not used so recently let me know they were being used, a few hunger pangs and maybe a headache along the way. Did I cut my food in half? Mostly. Probably down to about 1000-1200 calories by days end and then a workout. My body will adjust and I suspect about the time it adjusts, we will be given new assignments to push again.

Exactly what I am excited about. Bring It!


5 comments:

  1. Your post is so inspiring, Jonti! I feel the same way as I watch my parents get older now. It's so important that you have taken that lesson and are running with it. Go, go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post and choice of inspiration image! Martina is an amazing woman, and just look at those arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep this Day 1 flame burning bright, especially around Day 50 when you've had it up to here with pushing your limits!

    Have you ever worked with Pavel Tsatsouline's kettlebell stuff? I love that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Pavel! We took some initial training classes to get started with the kettlebells properly. There is a training facility near Houston and the guys go back to Russia and certify once a year or more. They directly work with Dragon Door and Pavel. They are more than inspirational. Some of the feats of strength and agility stretching they can do is amazing. Another goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!

    Go ahead and kick some PCP butt!!

    ReplyDelete