Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 83 - ToDo list

Even on a weekend, the PCP routine has become that, an everyday part of life. It seems like after nearly 90 days, the habits we have created have become ingrained. The weekend's morning coffee coincides with steaming vegetables and boiling eggs for the day. We will be out of the house some today, so eggwhites go into a ziplock bag and vegetables in another. Add a piece of fruit or two, and we have lunch on the go instead of trying to find a healthy restaurant or worse.... going without until we get back home.

I find it kind of hard to sometime remember what I ate before PCP. Really? I know I ate stuff and probably lots of it. Hmmm... I know I didn't eat at restaurants much. Seems like I remember semi-healthy things I thought were healthy. Natural peanut butter and my backpack always had cheese sticks, and energy bars. Notice how not all of those are really natural? Wow. I think my difficulty in remembering what I ate indicates I have formed a solid habit and change in my outlook toward food. I do know what I will be eating going forward. Much of the same including my slightly embarrassing new love of egg whites and apples.

Today will include: hopping at the Holiday artisan market, errands and then since the weather has turned bitter cold for us warm weather birds, off to the gym this evening for a solid workout before we start the last week. Bad part of a gym? trying to regain enough energy to pick yourself up off the floor and drive home after the planks.

3 comments:

  1. That's an interesting way to look at a new habit—that you don't remember what you did before. I had never thought about it like that, but it must be true.

    I have several times made the mistake of going out to run errands for most of the day without packing my lunch. I usually have to cut the day short to come home and eat...where Pacato finds me very, very cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, packing a snack is totally the way to go. I used to be a meal skipper, breakfast especially, and I can't imagine returning to that old habit. Like Emily, when my tummy is empty, I get a bit short with people. Plus, I want to keep up my newfound PCP energy levels!

    Man, those planks are murderous! But I have a yoga teacher that likes to throw them in the mix and hold them for 15 breaths (yawn). That used to seem so hard, and now that's cake. I don't want to tell her that we're working on 1 min 45 sec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, when I did my PCP I had to remind myself when I taught yoga that the students were suffering with my long planks and to cut it out already.

    You really do forget what it's like to start shaking ten seconds into a plank. But that's how 90% of the people are out there.

    No more energy bars Jonti!

    http://pcpupdate.blogspot.com/2009/04/are-you-trapped-behind-these-bars.html

    ReplyDelete