Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's that time of year

Busy, busy, busy! Parties, obligations, end of year deadlines, and... wrapping up the Peak Condition Project! Wow, how did we get here? Full post and photos to follow this week, but a short update from Day 89.

Even though everything is busy, we had to stop on Day 89 and take a nap. A sleep like none other. We did a monster morning workout on Day 89 with supersets and gave it all we had. More grunts, squints and clenched teeth than I remember in a long time. We crawled back towards a few egg whites and fruits to start rebuilding the fibers we just attacked. Then, a quick nap. The quick nap turned into an hour and half of deep sleep. I woke up groggy, but with the satisfaction that my body was growing and I had pushed myself for the past 3 months. I may not have been able to accomplish everything to 100% for the Peak, but I know what my body can do and it inspires me to more. Like many, I feel this is not an end, but a milestone in a continuous project. But, I now an expanded toolset for the road ahead.

A coworker had a holiday open house for the evening, so we dressed and headed out to see how the rest of the world had been operating for the last few months. It felt good to take a break and relax knowing I have a much more centered place to operate from. Several comments on appearance and a few new outfits, and the holidays are not looking so crazy. In fact, there are a few more upcoming parties that I am looking forward to with snazzy new (and smaller) outfits.

To Denise, Shelly, Emily and Naomi... Congrats! This has been more than expected and I look forward to hearing everyone's final comments as I organize my own thoughts. Patrick and Chen, you have been our gift this year.

2 comments:

  1. There is little more satisfying than a good nap. However, I can think of one thing—finishing PCP! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the busy factor! Whew! Good timing on the end of the PCP, eh?

    Big congrats to you and looking forward to your closing post!

    ReplyDelete