Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 58 - Speed

Patrick's email was so kind and warming to read. I know he is just looking out for us. He said something along the lines of wanting us to get the best out of these last few weeks. I know he cares about us, but right now I can barely type since my pecs and arms are blown. #$@#$!!!

We rocked through the workout tonight being very mindful of time between sets and moving quickly to the next exercise. We hadn't really slacked before, but might have easily taken a minute or two in some cases to check on the pups, or setup ropes. Tonight, the race was on and I think Denise and I had a slight competitive eye on each other. It worked, we were done in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

My body feels it, not pain, just some muscles seem to have forgotten how to move. The all too common aroma of steaming broccoli is wafting through the house, only to be replaced by menthol rub soon. Unker's is my new best friend. It used to be tiger balm, but a larger quantity was needed. ;-)

Patrick, it's a win this round. Muscle failure.

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you've got Denise there to push you! It's so hard to be your own personal trainer and really keep up the pace. You're both looking fantastic! Go, go, go!!

    Mmm, Tiger Balm. I just replaced my worn out hot water bottle with a buckwheat hot/cool pack. Soooo nice on slightly achey muscles.

    ReplyDelete