Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 65 - Coasting through the Pain


I haven't been able to workout the last two nights. Seriously. This sucks. Tonight, it is some simple stretching and strength exercises, but not a full workout.

So far, I have overcome a knee injury, the flu, and now... inflamed tooth root with some bad azzz throbbing pain. Bouncing through some jump ropes and sucking in cold air was out of my league. I totally wussed out. Went to the dentist today and he prescribed pain killers and I have an appointment Monday for some extensive work. So, what do you think? Will pain killers help with muscle soreness? I am betting so. Heh.

I am pretty frustrated as we hit the home stretch. I am seeing some really impressive results. I mean, it's like every day I find a new muscle or striation I had not noticed before. Sweet! So, the goal is to keep at it and find out what works without jarring my head. Still, coming up with some muscle def and doing this, but without clenched teeth is a treat. It is a new form of concentration to do planks or the last set of bicep curls without clenching teeth. Heh. Go ahead, try it. You know you want to.

I have one other advantage. Tooth pain makes it especially hard to eat, but the egg whites are easy peasey! Y'all are rocking it, I am just a little slower at the moment, but right there with you. I will keep you updated, but for now... breathe in and out, and don't lock that jaw!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, jumping with a toothache, I've been there. No way in hell! Modify as you need to and keep your head in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon...that sounds really uncomfortable! Don't worry, you've worked too hard for all those muscles—they're not going anywhere. Glad you're looking on the bright side. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries guys, this is not a deal breaker. Just one of the many common things life throws at us, right? PCP would be great if there were no injuries, no outside time commitments, etc. Then it would be easier. Not easy, but easier. We have all juggled our way through this and an obstacle is just something to grunt about as you do one more set of push-ups. I wanted to post about it to stay current. How we deal with these things is part of the process of making this a lifetime project and not just 90 days. Thanks for the well wishes guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, mouth pain is the absolute worst. Hang in there, Jonti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! I've never had toothache but my boyfriend had to have a root canal treatment last year and he moaned about the pain for days! I think men have a lower pain threshold to women so I'm sure you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete